Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Saturday

Saturday morning we went to the Los Gatos Creek trail where Jordan ran for an hour and a half and I walked for an hour. I was lucky to get this picture of the trail without a runner, walker, or biker in it! The trail is well used; it is partly shaded for most of the way.

The trail is connected to Vasona Lake Park and continues around and past the lake.

I love having beautiful places like this just minutes from our home.

Saturday evening, Jordan decided to make some bread. McKay loved getting to help.

MMMM... freshly ground whole wheat flour smells good!

Insert tongue in cheek, then pour.

Every few minutes, McKay 'checked' the recipe, just like he saw Jordan doing. McKay loves to help and is getting much better at pouring into the bowl or pan, whatever the case may be. He loved watching Jordan pound the dough.

There is nothing quite like having a slice of freshly baked homemade bread. YUM!

7 comments:

Kent and Kathy Moser said...

Reminds me of pictures I have of kids up on the cupboard helping make bread. Just a generation prior. Somethings never change (thank goodness).
Beautiful trail.

Ben and Kim said...

That is so adorable! They love to think they can do everything mom and dad do. I can't believe he is two! It just goes by too fast.

Congratulations to Jordan-that is so awesome, way to go!

Nicky said...

YUMMMMMYYYYYYY! (especially with butter and honey on it).

Brooke said...

Hey Maria! I feel bad--I haven't looked at your blog in a bit. (I get behind on my "private" friends and family.) But, I was able to catch up! First off...the bread sounds SOOO good right now! Yum. Second...way to go to your husband for getting so healthy! I need to follow that example and get to exercising more often. And, finally...your hair is REALLY cute! I love the cut and highlights. You look great!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Ya, that totally brought back memories of helping mom make bread. And she always let us make our own little tiny loaf. My kids love to help too, and Desmond always laughs so hard when I beat the bread. That's funny how some things just move on to the next generation.

France said...

Beautiful shots of the lake. I want come visit :-) Homemade bread is the best, especially when someone else makes it. Lashelle

Amy said...

That looks beautiful. You certainly do have a wonderful area to explore. My favorite picture is the tongue in cheek one. Priceless!