We started out in Chinatown. After walking all the way down Grant street (right up the middle of Chinatown), we headed to North Beach or 'Little Italy'. We stopped at a fudge shop and tried some free samples of some great fudge, bought some caramel corn and decided it was time for lunch. We ate at Calzones. We had pizza, calzones, & garlic bread - oooh was it good Italian food!
Coit Tower, a building with a tram from the street up to the top, SF double-decker bus, church in Chinatown, downtown SF. You see a lot when you walk ALL OVER the city. Parking is too expensive to move the car around.
Pier 39 & Fishermans Wharf: I think I love it there more each time we go.Chantelle got her caricature drawn and we enjoyed watching the Bushman, several musicians, mimes, and break dancers doing their thing on the Wharf. So much to see - on a day like we had everyone is out! On Pier 39 we enjoyed the sea lions, who were very active and loud that day, a great magic show, and we finally tried the mini donuts that have called our name every time we pass.
Top left: Jordan & McKay are dancing to music from the jamacian drums. Bottom right: McKay is blowing kisses to the fish in the tank at the Rainforest Cafe.
Golden Gate Bridge Park. Chantelle is standing next to a sample of the size of the cables on the bridge.
We love this trail. It feels like you are MILES away from the city but you aren't. Such a beautiful place.
She got her name written in the sand and a picture taken just before a wave came and took it away. What a fun day in San Francisco. Click here to see Chantelle's post about the day.






5 comments:
I loved the tour you just gave me of SF! It looks so fun! I love having sisters come visit by themselves.
Nutella and strawberry crepe? GENIOUS! Why didn't I ever think of that??? I have a big bottle of nutella in my cupboard, and a few strawberries in my fridge right now! Oh, maybe I'll put that on hold for a week, THEN I'll blow the whole last 6 months of work in one meal - that sounds SO YUMMY!
(To Nicky)- It was. :) I had so much fun during my whole CA trip! Thanks for letting me be there Maria & Jordan. :) It was LOADS of fun!
Chantelle
All I can say is WOW! How did you do all that in one day? It makes me tired just reading it. Jordan probably didn't have to worry about what he ate with all that walking.
So how long did it take you to write your name in the sand? It takes longer than you'd think it would...great job though.
Post a Comment