I remembered last night when McKay was taking a bath and had his ankles crossed that before he was born it often felt like his ankles were crossed as he stretched out his legs causing a bulge on my left side. He crosses his ankles anytime he is sitting.
5-25-09
Jordan was giving me a hug and McKay came running over to join in the hugs. Tight squeeze sound effects and all!
There is something sweet and wonderful about little arms squeezing your legs from behind, giving you a hug. Love it!
5-21-09
McKay was 'helping' me organize the food in the garage. When he could reach my back, he'd give me a little pat/rub. He is such a sweet boy.
McKay gives lots of hugs with the 'tight squeeze' sound... only he doesn't squeeze tightly. He often hugs our legs, going between Jordan and I, giving us hugs. Last night when Jordan got home we had lots of hugs and McKay sandwich kisses.
When we go for a walk as a family and Jordan is the one pushing the stroller, McKay will hold out his hand for me to hold as we walk along.
We were at a church playgroup at the park and I was sitting in the shade on the side of the playground area visiting with other moms. McKay came and sat about a foot away from me and held my hand. So sweet.
5-17-09
We are trying to help McKay learn how to ask for something with words rather than just 'asking' for it. I said 'please what?' and he said 'thank you!'
McKay found a racquetball and it bounces a lot more than his other balls, so he has had a lot of fun throwing it from the kitchen to the living room and chasing it, back and forth. I love to watch him run and I get lots of opportunities because he runs everywhere!
Now McKay waves to everything when he is finished with it or we are leaving.
McKay says 'woohoo' when he finishes his food or drink.
McKay lays his spoon across his bowl when he sets it down to get a drink.
McKay notices every big truck whether he is in the stroller, in the car, or playing at the park. 'woah'!!
5-11-09
Jordan was giving McKay a bath and he kept saying 'O' and pointing to the clock. So Jordan lifted him up and he pointed to the 0 on the 10. He points to the O's on the oven (Off, Oven), the O's in his books, and even the 'O's on random pages of the Ensign, including within words.
Jordan was trying to talk on the phone with his mom for Mothers Day and McKay was running all over the house, yelling. He'd run over to me and give me 'five' then run over and knock on the bathroom door (where Jordan was trying to find a quiet place) then back in the kitchen to start over again... yelling the whole way. AAAaahhhhh! Too funny.
McKay likes to have Jordan help him eat his dinner by pretending the food is butterflies. For some reason, that is the funniest to him. He loves it. I can't do it as well as Daddy (I can tell by the look on McKay's face) so I stick to the airplane; not quite as cool but almost.
McKay loves to point to the pictures of Jesus (dadas) in our home. When he looks at the one in the kitchen, he puts his hand up to his cheek, just like Jesus is doing with the child in the picture (Del Parson's Christ visiting the Nephites)
5-4-09
When McKay and I were leaving church on Sunday, he kept saying 'byby bababa' over and over. Finally I realized he was saying 'bye-bye basketball'. He had been running around playing in the gym with the older kids just before we left to go home. Of course he wasn't ready to leave when I was!
McKay says 'aa-ye' for 'sorry'. He likes to point us all out in our family picture 'mama, daddy, me!(pointing to his chest) '
I finally put up the curtains I made for McKay before he was born. He LOVES to point out all the 'bababaa's (everything is basketball)
McKay's tongue is often in his cheek when he is concentrating on something.
5-3-09
Today we were watching home videos from when McKay was just 4-5 months old. McKay enjoyed watching himself (as always) and even tried to give the baby on the screen his sheep to play with.
5-1-09
McKay has started waving 'bye-bye' to his toys when we leave the house to go somewhere.
Today, McKay said 'strawberry'. Seriously! Not perfectly clear but I knew exactly what he was saying!




1 comment:
fun things to remember!
Post a Comment