Monday, June 1, 2009

Father's Day

Since McKay and I will be visiting family on Father's day (oops!), we celebrated Father's Day yesterday. Every time I'd tell McKay we had a surprise for Daddy, he'd say 'BOO!' :)

This picture was taken after he opened a Garmin Nuvi 360 navigation system. He was pretty excited about it. He spent a couple of hours Sunday night discovering all the cool things it does, including connecting it to his cell phone for hands-free talking. This is going to be really nice. No more missing exits for us, right?? :) We also got him the Biggest Loser Protein drink to try, a $25 gift card to Amazon for music and a round of golf.

When Jordan decided he wanted to celebrate Fathers day yesterday instead of next Sunday, I went to Costco to get one last minute gift. I wanted to get him some sea bass, which he has been craving and drooling over every time we go to Costco. I got there early, before the lines were too terrible but they had awesome samples so it took me a little while to get to the fish. ;) I couldn't find the sea bass so I got halibut instead. A while after I got home, Jordan remembered he was going to have me get some halibut for Sunday dinner. I told him sorry, he could go get some at Costco if he wanted too. I knew he wouldn't go - Costco is not a fun place in the afternoon mostly because you wait for-ev-er in line to check out. Jordan was going through cookbooks to find the fruit crisp recipe we like and got distracted looking at what we could make for lunch for Fathers Day, possibly using the Mahimahi we have in the freezer. I didn't want him to pull the fish out of the freezer so I told him I didn't think fish sounded good. We never decided on anything and Sunday morning, Jordan was throwing out ideas again. So we opened gifts and boy was he surprised when I told him there was halibut in the fridge. He hadn't noticed it. I kept a straight face the whole time except for when he remembered he had forgotten to tell me to buy some. I just got lucky he didn't notice the look on my face because he was on his way into the other room. If he HAD asked me to get it when I was at the store, I don't think it would have sounded good to me then either. :)

McKay had been so hot at church that when I changed his diaper after we got home, I didn't put his pants or shoes & socks back on him. When Jordan grills, McKay loves to be outside with him. So I told him to bring his shoes & socks and I'd put them on him so he could go out. This is what we ended up with. He brought me white and blue socks but he really wanted to wear the blue socks. I don't think the fashion police check the back yard. :)

We had Barbeque Halibut Steaks with grilled italian squash and seasoned rice. For dessert, we had a cherry fruit crisp made with fresh cherries. Delicious!

We love you Jordan!

2 comments:

Kent and Kathy Moser said...

Sounds like he was King For a Day! Exciting gift, we thought we might need one of those for our mission but I don't think so now!

Nicky said...

Thanks for the recipe ideas - i think I will make that this week, yummy! But you didn't link me to the cherry fruit crisp - that sounds delish. And thanks for the links to the mormon channel - I had never heard of the radio channel, and I've been listening to it while I've been writing down these recipes. The talk I just heard was absolutely timely - about being a mom - and I really needed that support right now. THANKS!