(click on the collage)We went to the dolphin show again since it was our favorite last time and then saw some other shows and animals we didn't see the first time we were there. We learned a lot about Walrus' and really enjoyed the Birds in Flight show. Even McKay recognized it when one of the parrots (I am sure there is a more technical name for it) whistled the theme song for the Andy Griffith show. It was fun to show McKay real giraffes since we have been working on recognizing them by their long necks.
The butterfly habitat was another favorite. There were so many unique and beautiful butterflies. It was tricky getting a good picture because they wouldn't hold still.
Last time we just rode Harold at Thomas Town so this time we actually waited in line to ride Thomas. We heard a lot of choo chooing. McKay enjoyed waving at the people we passed.
We also rode Bertie the Bus. I have about 5 pictures of McKay with the same expression as in the top left picture. He always wants to ride more more more when each ride ends. We actually got the front of the bus - woohoo!I am not sure how to clip video when I take it on my regular camera. I was trying to get McKay to look at me. He was enjoying the ride so much! Watch it... it is only 30 seconds and the end is worth it! Notice he was not prompted at all. :)
On Monday we went to the scout fundraiser breakfast and did some shopping. While McKay was napping, Jordan and I finished planting our 'garden'. We thought we would be done with potted gardening when Jordan graduated from BYU and we moved. Oh well.
Jordan planted the two tomatoes, peppers ,and squash a month or so ago and there are blossoms all over them. We have about 6 inches of dirt between the concrete and the fence so we thought we'd try the squash there. So far it is thriving! In the afternoon (when we were working back there!) it gets really hot and the plants are loving it. We planted another tomato plant, 3 bush green bean plants and an Italian Roasted Pepper. We also planted two pots of flowers that are hanging in front of my kitchen window.The rest of the day we took it easy and enjoyed being together. It was a great weekend!




5 comments:
That looks like so much fun! Glad you had a fun weekend.
Tolls are so lamespice.
Benjamin would be so jealous of McKay's Thomas Train ride.
What a fun day!
Your plants look amazing!
I mean weekend. :)
Love ya!
*blows kisses*
I think you guys live in a wonderful part of the world. Don't ya love holidays like that when you don't have to be somewhere you can just do what you want when you want?
I know the feeling of missing exits! We got a GPS for Christmas and we wonder how we ever drove around to new places without it! I love all the pictures - It is amazing how fast McKay is growing up!
Post a Comment