Monday, June 8, 2009

Pictureless Weekend

I have been enjoying my new conference issue of the Ensign. The first one I got was defective. It was missing about 40 pages in two spots and had another 20 pages duplicated. Apparently, it happened to several Ensigns since 2 of the 3 sisters I visit teach as well as my companion also had defective Ensigns. But now I have a new, complete Ensign to enjoy. My favorite quote for the past week was from President Uchtdorf's talk. I love his talks!

"Discipleship is a journey. We need the refining lessons of the journey to craft our character and purify our hearts. By patiently walking in the path of discipleship, we demonstrate to ourselves the measure of our faith and our willingness to accept God’s will rather than ours." (President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Way of the Disciple," Ensign, May 2009, 76).

This is another favorite from the June Visiting Teaching message.

“Prayer changes our lives. Through it we draw near to the Lord, and he reaches out his finger and touches us, so we never again are the same.” (Elder Bruce R. McConkie, “Patterns of Prayer,” Ensign, May 1984, 32). Love it!

As a side note, today I discovered you can download all the music from the last session of General Conference!

Friday night Jordan & I went to an Oakland A's game with a couple of his co-workers who happen to be dating. Beside the fact that we were 30 minutes into our drive when the guy with the tickets realized he had left them on his desk, which caused us to miss the first inning when the A's scored 6 runs, it was a fun evening. We did get to see a few more runs including a couple of homers, and the A's won, 9-1. They were playing the Oriels. Oh, and I forgot my camera. :)

Saturday morning we went to Vasona Park in Los Gatos. It was beautiful! Jordan had a good run and McKay and I enjoyed the playground and plentiful geese. Then we all walked along the Los Gatos Creek trail and Vasona Lake. We will definitely be returning, though next time we will go to the walk-in entrance we discovered rather than paying $6 to park. I did remember to bring the camera but BOTH batteries were dead. Next time I'll take pictures!

4 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Going to a baseball game is on my list of things to do some day. That sounds like fun. Did you take McKay?

Kent and Kathy Moser said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, even with being late and dead batteries.
Have fun in Az, look forward to seeing you in Utah

Nicky said...

I was devestated for you when you said you didn't have a camera at either event! (silly thing to be devestated for, hu?) Glad it was fun.

France said...

Enjoyed all the quotes. Thanks for the link to download the conference hymns. Lashelle