Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Latest Discoveries

I just had to put this basket of clothes in 'McKay's territory' (which is quickly becoming the whole house!) to see what he would do. He didn't disappoint me! He started pulling the clothes out and putting them on the floor; unfortunately that picture was too fuzzy to keep. When McKay was playing with the clothes I immediately thought of this picture of me as a baby . I am not sure how old I am in the picture, but I am definitely older than McKay is now... much more confident on my feet than he is. Thank heaven my basket of clothes is not cloth diapers!

Today while Jordan was studying, McKay kept climbing on and over things. He crawled under the table, over all the table legs to the other side of the table. He also figured out how to open and close drawers in the kitchen. Yikes! It is so funny to watch him go from place to place; he gets so excited. I love it when I am getting ready for work and I can hear McKay coming down the hall to find me, laughing cause he knows where I am and he is coming to see me. So much fun.


A client at the office made these for me. I thought that was very thoughtful of him. He jokes that if I ever leave King & McCleary, he will have to find another accountant. He is getting a nice refund this year. :)

Each day is made up of job hunting, lots of taxes, homework, cleaning, cooking (once in a while), and taking care of McKay. Hopefully in April we can come up for air!

11 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Hang in there! This too shall pass (don't you just hate that saying???). Looks like McKay is at such a fun stage. Just wait until he learns how to open the oven, play in the toilet, and pull the trash out of the garbage! Seriously though, there's nothing better than being a mommy! Kelli

Devin and Melinda said...

This is a fun stage even though they start getting into everything. In a month or so I doubt you will be less busy, but hopefully things will be less stressful. Good luck with everything...and thanks for everything!!

Jennifer said...

Enjoy it Maria! Each stage seems to pass so quickly!

Brooke said...

I love the comparison pictures. Ellee still can't pass up a basket of laundry without emptying it. Bytheway...thank goodness for disposable diapers! And, I LOVE the picture of him upside down under the chair!

Michelle said...

You look so cute, Maria!
I love the shot of McKay bent in half under the chair. That is adorable. If you put latches on your drawers, be sure to leave the lid drawer open for grabs. I can't tell you how many times that got me through making dinner. :)
I just love your blog! It always makes me smile.
Love,
Michelle

Chantelle and Fam said...

I remember when some of the kids were crawling around and got hi-centered under the chairs. I'd run for the camera before they figured out how to get out. What a fun stage he is in. Everything is a learning adventure. Chantelle could empty a drawer of clothes pretty fast too as a toddler.
Nanna McCleve

Anonymous said...

I just saw your note about going private. I looked in both Jeremy and my address books and neither of us have your email, so I doubt you have ours. We would like to still be able to read your blog. Please invite us. Jeremy's email address is delscorcho1979@gmail.com
- Sarah

Colorado Smarts said...

All of the crawling through the chairs and getting into everything is such a boy thing. Lindsay was so mild and just loved her toys. It is fun to watch them grow and learn though.

Melody said...

We still want to read your blog too! My email address is dextraphy@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Brooke said...

Hey Maria! I would love to still read your blog. My e-mail address is brookejones13@hotmail.com

Amy said...

Yeah, I love that you put one of you up too. They sure keep us busy don't they!