Saturday, March 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Jordan!

For Jordan's birthday today, we decided to take advantage of the almost nice weather and go to the driving range. We bundled up McKay and headed out, hoping the weather would cooperate. We kept McKay as protected from the breeze as we could while we each drove a few balls. It seems like it has been such a long winter and we are all SO ready to be outside.

Each time I would hit a ball, McKay would laugh. He is too young to know when I didn't hit it well right? I had a few good hits but after all, it has been over a year since I have held a golf club!

With a little help, McKay was able to hide his gift for Jordan behind his back while we sang to him. It is so fun to watch McKay get excited even though he doesn't know why. McKay enjoyed the whole 'birthday' experience. He especially enjoyed helping Jordan open the package from Nanna Anna.

Whose birthday is it anyway??

Apparently McKay likes to crawl behind the chair. Today was the first time I have ever seen him do it but Jordan says he does it during the day a lot. He barely fits!

7 comments:

Chantelle and Fam said...

How Fun!! It looks like McKay had just as much fun as Jordan did! I wonder how his first birthday will be.

Amy said...

What a great birthday outing! I was laughing bcause McKay looked so cute in that jacket w/ the ears, and then I was really laughing when I read the caption. You are so funny Maria! I love it when they join in the laughing and they are clueless! He is such a cutie!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

It looks like little McKay is going to love the great outdoors as much as his daddy does! It will be a really fun summer for all of you. Happy Birthday Jordan! Hope you had a good one, and as always, I'm running a few days behind! Love yu, Kelli

Devin and Melinda said...

Happy Birthday Jordan!! We're glad you had a great day!! Mesa is gorgeous this time of year (perfect for golfing)...too bad it only lasts about a month right? It's neat that you are able to be home with McKay all day...you are going to miss it when you graduate.

Brooke said...

McKay is such a cutie! I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy some nicer weather. Blake's said the same thing about the weather there--he's ready for it to get a little warmer! Also...did you get my e-mail address in my comment on your last post? Cuz...I'd LOVE to stay in touch and look at your blog!

Maria said...

Yeah Brooke, I got your e-mail address. I will make it private as soon as I have some time. Kinda buried at work right now and daylight savings time is KILLING me! :)

France said...

McKay is such a cutie! I can't believe how much he looks like Melinda's kids. Lashelle