Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

McKay made these flowers for me out of cookies & gumdrops in primary today. He said 'Happy Mothers Day Mommy. I hope you will share with me." Of course buddy!

The primary sang a couple of songs today in sacrament meeting for the first time since McKay has been in primary. He went up and was the youngest one by at least 4 years (not sure what happened to the others). He was so sweet in the front of the small group of kids that several members of the ward came up afterward and told him he did a good job and they loved seeing him. Our Bishop and one of the councilors mentioned how impressed they were both to McKay and to me. He said he 'knew the songs but not really good so I just hummed.' :)

My boys bring me so much joy, I love being a mommy!

I am in the introduction phase of potty training with Maxwell meaning I am trying to incorporate sitting on the potty into his routine. He likes it except when it is just before bath time. Then his little body can't get to the tub fast enough he is so excited! This is how Jordan found him this afternoon after church. Silly boy!

3 comments:

Kristine Pratt said...

Hayden made those same flowers :) I need to know your potty training strategy!

Chantelle and Fam said...

That is SO cute! What a sweetheart. :)
Chantelle

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I love it so much when the primary kids sing to us! This year, we were at mom and dad's and went to sacrament meeting with Nicky and Ira. I talked Myah into going up, although she didn't know the songs, or even know which songs they were singing. It just wouldn't be Mother's day without that special treat!