Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Maxwell - 11 Months

I can't believe it has almost been a year since Max joined our family. What a joy it has been!

(click to see the big picture)

These days, Max is:
  • Max is WALKING! He took off on his own on the 17th and loves to practice; he rarely crawls. He'd been practicing a little here and there, walking between chairs and toys etc but anytime we'd try to get him to walk between us, he'd get too silly and didn't do it for long. We were teaching Sunday school (16-17 yr olds) and he took off across the room, totally interrupting the lesson. :)
  • Max loves to drive cars around and play with the little people farm animals. He likes to say 'maaoooo' like the cow.
  • Peek-a-boo is still a favorite game and can be quite the distraction to those around us at church.
  • Max loves to comb his hair after his bath (he actually even gets some hair with the comb sometimes) and says 'ho' when he holds the phone up to his ear. If someone says 'hello' to him, he uses his hand as phone and says 'ho'.
  • He loves to clap his hands and recently started signing 'more' and 'want' and waving 'bye'bye' accompanied by a 'ba, ba'.
  • Max loves to be silly especially when encouraged by giggles from his brother. These two love to laugh together and can do so pretty much on demand.
  • When Max wakes up he says 'Aaahhh' and I know I'd better get in there or he'll just get louder and more insistent. He also throws his pacifier across the room when he is done sleeping. I know I have to go settle him back down when he hasn't slept yet and I hear the pacifier hit the floor.
  • Max's tone when he says 'ahhh' makes it obvious what he is saying. "what?"
  • He loves to look out the windows and knock on them. He also knocks on the door when he wants in or out.
  • Maxwell likes to point and frequently mimics others when they point and even copies their tone of voice with his 'aahhs'
  • Max loves to go and gets so excited (insert Max's excited sound) when we go through any door, particularly the garage door. He starts getting excited when he sees me getting our things together, especially the keys.
  • He is such a tease! He crawls in the opposite direction as fast as he can when we try to stop him from eating something he's found somewhere (nothing gets past Max) and sometimes it turns into a game of chase around the couch. I LOVE those giggles. So pure. He even LOOKS at us as he goes to put something in his mouth to see if we will stop him. Sometimes he hands it to me and other times he doesn't even put it in his mouth as he starts off in the opposite direction.
  • He thinks it is the funniest thing e.v.e.r. to take off his socks. He looks at me with a huge grin as he pulls it off. Of course I playfully scold him so this game may never end...
  • Max likes to 'give five' and will often turn our hands so he can give us five.
  • Maxwell likes to hand me things. After I take it from him and say 'thank-you' he holds out his hand and signs 'want' for me to give it back to him after which he gives it back to me. He made this fun game up all by himself.
  • Max recognizes Nutella and cheese and yogurt, among other things, and won't stop asking for some until we deliver.
I love that these brothers play so well together!

Max loves to help with the laundry by handing me things to fold. Oh so helpful!

Pan lid on the tile floor = loud noise. Max loves it. That is one thing Jordan can't sleep through...

Max loves wearing McKay's hat. This is the only hat I've seen him try to put on by himself and keep it on.

Playing hide and seek. I think they found me...

Max loves to climb on the lion so McKay can give him a ride. What a nice brother!

McKay loves that Max is finally old enough to play with. When Max was a baby, McKay kept asking when he could play with Max.

He can hear Daddy & McKay outside and is knocking on the door and calling to them.



In this video Max shows his silly eating skills and signs 'more'.

2 comments:

Kent and Kathy Moser said...

Oh he's so cute. I need another visit SOON!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

11 months? Really??? Where does the time go? I love that stage, and I'm always sad to see them turn a year old. Cute little guy! Can't wait to meet him!