Monday, November 1, 2010

Things to Remember

10-30-10
It was Saturday and McKay was at Jordan's heels all day 'helping' him. He kept asking 'What are you doing now?' and 'What's next?' to the point that Jordan threatened that if he asked it again, he'd have to go to his room. A few minutes later McKay said 'Whats...(pause)... nevermind.'

10-27-10
Today McKay asked me if Chantelle is on a mission yet.

10-24-10
Our family home evening lesson was about how Heavenly Father and Jesus love us. We started off having McKay name people who love him. Every other name was Chantelle. :)

10-22-10
McKay was 'playing ABCs' (starfall.com - learning to read) and a picture came up of a foot from the ankle down with an arrow pointing to the heel. McKay looked at it and said 'His foot came off! Poor little boy'.

McKay refers to Jordan and I as 'you guys'. For example, 'I can do it like this, just like you guys."

10-19-10
When I am working in Excel, McKay notices the ABC's and starts singing the song. Today he got to the end of the screen and said, "Mommy please give me more abcs" so I moved the screen over so he could see more letters. 'nanks!'

We went to the fabric store to purchase material for McKay's Halloween costume. He chose to be a Christmas Tree. Once we got it he was anxious to get home (VERY unusual for him) so we could start making it. He was shaking with excitement when it was finally time to start on it and said "Mommy, I'm SO EXCITED!"

10-18-10
We were reading the ABC book to Max and got to J is for Jewelery. I explained that Jewelry is only for Mommies. McKay said 'when I am a Mommy, I can have that too!' I said 'McKay you will never be a Mommy. You are a boy and Mommy's are girls.' Not to be deterred he insisted, 'When I turn four, I'll be a Mommy like you and I can have that just like you!'

10-14-10
McKay mimicked something I said and I said 'Hey don't mock me!' He proceeded to say 'mop mop mop mop' as he went and got the mop from the closet.

McKay is an excellent exercise partner and is getting really good at pilates!

10-8-10
The boys and I met some friends at the beach. McKay was worried because Daddy wasn't home from work to go with us.

When we were getting on the freeway, I wanted to beat a semi getting on before our lanes merged so I hit the gas. McKay said 'Mommy are you a race car?!'

McKay spends quite a bit of time 'fixing' the doors in our house. One of his tools is the string on his balloon from Henry's (a store similar to Trader Joe's).

10-7-10
Jordan pulled out some graham crackers & chocolate frosting for dessert for he and McKay. McKay saw there were only 2 crackers and said 'What about Mommy?'

10-06-10
'Mommy, Max loves Lucky Charms because now he has teeth!'

"You guys are my friends". (McKay to Max & I)

10-05-10
After taking a bite of his dinner McKay said 'Not too bad Mommy'.

10-1-10
After taking a bite of his snack or a drink McKay will say 'mmmmm delicious!' I had to smile when he was saying it next to me in the grocery store as he ate his snack.

McKay knows how to make something 'full screen', pause it, play it, skip to a new song, and start a new conference talk, to name a few of his computer skills.

Helping do yard work.

McKay playing the bean bag toss game with the missionaries before dinner.

Feeding the ducks with Uncle Todd. McKay still remembers which is a 'boy' duck and which is a 'girl' duck.

McKay has been busy doing fall and Christmas crafts.

9-25-10
At the end of a Saturday where had McKay spent a lot of time with Jordan, he sat next to him on the couch and said 'Hi Daddy! I'm happy when you are happy'.

9-19-10
We went to the temple and beach for family home evening and a turn came sooner than I expected and I turned a little sharply. I said 'sorry guys!' McKay replied 'That's okay Mommy' As we walked up to the temple he excitedly said 'hi memple (temple) over and over. We talked about the Angel Moroni and he said Moroni is not nice to other kids. I was confused until I remembered there was a Moroni in his nursery in Santa Clara who was a bit of a bully. Different Moroni!

9-14-10
Jordan was taking apart the freezer on the fridge we bought to change the fan and McKay said 'Daddy, don't break our house!'

McKay came into Max's room singing and dancing and said he was doing a 'show for Max'. Max was entertained!

9-13-10
McKay likes to read books to Max. Max loves it when McKay spends time with him.

9-12-10
Sometimes McKay's finger talks to Mommy's finger. They are friends.

9-7-10
I asked McKay if he wanted to wear socks and shoes or his sandals. He said 'I'll just wear my feet'.

We read a book about Emily Elizabeth and Clifford being best friends and since then, McKay has talked about who his best friends are. Sometimes it is Max, Mommy, Daddy, or Evee, his preschool friend from Santa Clara.

9-1-10
Jordan and McKay were playing in the car together and Jordan made an obnoxious sound. McKay reprimanded him with 'that's bad manners Daddy' Jordan apologized and said he was sorry.

Some of the things McKay says that I love to hear: nanks (thanks), sher (sure), not yet! (said in a sing-songy voice), and oh okay. Sometimes when he is pretending or talking to Max, he will say 'okay? ok'. He also likes to negotiate when we/he will do things by saying 'not till it (the second hand on the clock) gets to the one (or whatever number).'

1 comment:

Chantelle and Fam said...

Love those computer skills! He could probably teach me a thing or two. Haha ;) He made a cute Christmas tree. I'm glad you made notes of your tree pattern. You all look good in red.