Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Miscellaneous McKay Moments

McKay was 'helping' me make dinner and I guess the broccoli must have looked good to him because he helped himself and actually ate quite a bit. He doesn't always eat broccoli well so I let him have as much as he wanted.

With the exception of when he is wearing this swimsuit, McKay always seems to think it is a hat. I have no idea where he came up with this but invariably when he sees the suit, he puts it on his head. I was going through his drawers and taking out everything that was too small for him, including the suit, so it was nice and accessible for him. I was having a hard time getting him to look at the camera for a picture so I started asking him to do animal sounds. See if you can tell which is which. He is doing a sheep, a chicken, a snake, and a pig.

This one is just a mix of the rest of the random pictures on my camera - my attempt at finally catching up a little. :) McKay likes to play in our closet and is always touching Jordan's belts that are hanging down. Well, Jordan left his belt in the front room one Sunday evening and of course, first thing on Monday morning, McKay found it and wanted to wear it. It wrapped around him twice and still was a little big. (Note: The belt is almost too big for Jordan too - not to wrap around twice though! ;)) It was fun until he realized he couldn't pick anything up off of the floor. Somehow I managed to catch his frustrated expression.

This kid wants to do everything we do. The middle picture is McKay 'exercising' on the stair stepper. The top right picture was taken shortly after McKay woke up from his nap, hence the pacifier. I thought he looked so funny clutching his new found love 'ducky' and the grocery store receipt that must have been too cool to be thrown away with the rest of the recipes he took to the bathroom trash for me. It is pretty long.

The bottom right picture is our dresser. The reason I took the picture though is to show how it looks after we do laundry. I frequently fold clothes in my room during which time McKay plays in the closet or whatever he finds to do. When we are done, all the handles on the dresser are flipped up. Funny boy.

So the noises McKay is making in the picture above are (clockwise starting at the top-left): Either the pig or actually a smile (maybe I did get lucky once... I can't remember now), hissing like a snake, clucking like a chicken, and baaing like a sheep. I do have the rest of the zoo too but I thought 4 were enough. :)

1 comment:

Kent and Kathy Moser said...

Sure glad you are back to blogging and we can keep up on everything that is going on. Is it my imagination or is McKay looking older?