Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mystery Spot & Sunsets at the Beach

Yesterday was a beautiful day with the high around 80 degrees so we decided it would be a crime to let it go to waste. We had heard about The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz and had seen lots of bumper stickers (now we know it is because they hand them out like candy at the end of the tour) so we decided we'd go check it out. It is tucked up in the Santa Cruz mountains and the drive to get there was beautiful. We were both very skeptical about it but after having been there, we have decided it was well worth the time and money.

It is a mystery 'spot' where there is some force that makes strange things happen. Sounds crazy, I know but just take a look at the pictures and see what you think.

We are standing on two 2x4s that are level (the guide just happened to have a level handy to check it). I am standing outside the mystery spot and Jordan is standing inside the mystery spot. Notice how tall I am in comparison to Jordan; about to his nose.

Now I am in the mystery spot and he is outside it. Now I only come up to his collar. Obviously, I prefer the first picture.

It may not look like it, but I am standing up straight. The building started on top of the hill and slid down till it hit the center of the mystery spot and stopped.

We are standing up straight on top of the table. McKay wasn't too sure about being up there. Even though he wasn't walking (honestly I don't think he could have) he was having a hard time getting his mind to adjust.

Once again, standing up straight.

Jordan standing up straight on the ladder. Pretty crazy huh?! Click here if to read more about The Mystery Spot.

After we ate a late lunch at the Santa Cruz Diner (we're not fans) we went to the beach. We found a beautiful beach and watched the sunset. We love sunsets; really it is only one 'sunset' but it looks so different from minute to minute we saw many sunsets at the beach. McKay LOVED running and playing in the sand and had a blast throwing little fist fulls of wet sand. Notice he isn't looking at the camera in hardly any of the pictures. I think he probably wouldn't have looked if we had both been standing on our heads, he was SO focused on what he was doing. Watching McKay have so much fun as well as enjoying the beautiful sunset made us go home feeling like we had spent a week away relaxing somewhere. Okay, maybe not a week but at least we felt like we had a rejuvenating weekend!


5 comments:

Nicky said...

That looks like a cool "spot" to go visit someday. Those sunset pictures are postcard worthy! They are absolutely beautiful. I especially love the ones with you guys sillhouetted in them - incredible!

Ben and Kim said...

That looks so awesome I bet Dallin and Hailey would really get a kick out of that spot. I envy your great weather!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I'm just a little jealous right now. And I'm thinking I could use the mystery spot. I need to gain a few inches on Derrick. It hurts my neck to kiss him.

Keep track of the cool places you visit so when we come visit some day....

Colorado Smarts said...

Looks like a cool place! What a fun day and a great way to end it, on the beach with a sunset!

tysonandmandimoser said...

Sounds like s wonderful weekend with your family. Beautiful pictures. I am like Kelly, a little jealous right now. I went to Laguna Beach a couple weeks ago with my mom and sisters (where it never rains-maybe once a year if that) and guess what--- it rained. Also, our hotel was right across the street from a beaufitul beach and guess what--- there was a sewage spill which contaminated the water so absolutely no swimming-not even bare feet on the sand-so yeah, a little jealous right now. I'll get over it!!!