Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tagged!

I have been tagged (okay, so it was actually a couple of weeks ago but now I am finally getting around to passing it on). I am supposed to write six things about myself and then tag six other people. I’ll let them know by leaving a comment on their blogs.

1. I love to travel. The summer after my first year at Ricks (2000), I went to London to be an au pair for an American family living there. It was my first time to fly and I was alone flying internationally. I was there about 9 weeks from the end of April to July. While there I went to Ireland, France (Paris on a separate trip), Belgium, Holland, and of course all over London. The summer before I got married (2005), I went to Hawaii with my mom, sister, Grandma, and several other aunts and cousins for a week at a program at BYU-Hawaii. The most recent trip was the cruise we went on last January (2007) with Jordan’s family. We went to the western Caribbean stopping in Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. I am on my second passport since I had to get a new one for the cruise because of my name change so there is plenty of room to get lots of stamps in the next 10 years! (yeah, we’ll see about that…)

2. I get light headed relatively easily. I have blacked out enough times that I can recognize when it is coming and put my head between my knees or something like that before anything happens. My family has learned from experience to not give me a hard time when I tell them I am feeling light headed. I don’t think Melinda and David will ever forget when we were at the podiatrist after my foot surgery and I blacked out. For that matter, I don’t think Dr. Flake will ever forget that day either!

3. I love sleeping in clean sheets, especially when I’ve just showered. Oh it is a wonderful feeling! I always seem to sleep better too. Jordan is still trying to get used to how often I like to change the sheets (it really isn’t that often but when you are coming from changing your sheets maybe once a semester pretty much anything is going to seem like too often) I also love hot showers. There is nothing worse than a cold shower. Even worse is when you are in an old house and someone flushes the toilet somewhere else and you suddenly get ice cold water on you.

4. I love to dance. At Ricks I took a social dance class where we learned several different dances, such as the cha-cha, the waltz, and the foxtrot. It was a lot of fun. I also started going to the Wednesday night dances at the Manwaring Center. In the east ballroom they had swing dancing and in the west ballroom they had country dancing. The first hour or so was instruction and the rest of the time was dancing. I started out going to the swing dancing but I wasn’t good enough and there were only a handful of guys who knew what they were doing (and of course they didn’t want to dance with me… just with the girls who were really good at it – how are you supposed to get better if you can’t practice?) so I ended up just going to the country dances. I learned a lot and had so much fun. It was going to these dances that made me think country music wasn’t so bad after all! At BYU I took a country social dance class and loved it! After graduating I would go to a country dance here or there with friends and cousins. One of my first dates with Jordan was to a country dance. He knew I liked it and so he suggested we go together. That was the last time I have been country dancing, or dancing at all for that matter.

5. I love playing games. Anyone who has ever been to a McCleve family reunion knows that, without fail, there will be several tables all over the camp with different games going on until late into the night. We love to play games. Some of my favorites are Seven, Scum, Accumulation, Rummikub, Mad Gab, Catch Phrase, Mexican Train Dominoes, and really pretty much anything you can play with Rook cards. Some fun group games are Signs, Gestures, and In the Manner of the Adverb (trust me, it is a lot more fun than it sounds…) Some of my greatest memories are of playing games with my family. We have spent many wonderful hours laughing and playing all sorts of games. Games are one thing I hope are always a part of my life.

6. I love ice cream. This is another attribute that screams McCLEVE!! I take after my Dad on this one. I am not a huge sweet person unless it is the right thing – and ice cream is always the right thing. You know I really must not want it if I decline a serving of ice cream. Another sweet I have a hard time declining is Peanut M&M’s. Another opinion from my Dad – they are the vitamins you should make sure you have a couple of every day.

9 comments:

Amy said...

That was great Maria! I forgot about some of those games. Thanks for the reminder. I LOVE peanut M&M's too. Oh, and Josh took me dancing when we were dating and we have never gone since. So funny we have that in common.

Trevor and Alissa said...

Hey! Thanks for tagging me. I haven't gotten to it yet ... but I will. How do you know Michael and Genevieve Beck? Trevor and I went to highschool with Genevieve. She was one of our good friends that we lost touch with. Crazy!

Liberti said...

Hey we have a lot more in common than I knew...man, what you learn about people through their blogs!

Brooke said...

I LOVE these things--I always learn so much. Like--I didn't know you love to travel and dance. I never even took a dancing class at BYU. How pathetic is that? But--we're the same when it comes to ice-cream and peanut M&Ms--I can eat them pretty much ANY time! :)

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

...and just when I thought I was getting to know you. You're just full of surprises! ha ha. I'll get mine done (may take a couple of weeks). Not that I don't have oodles of time on my hands, just not feeling overly creative or interesting at the moment. Kelli

Devin and Melinda said...

We enjoyed your six things!!

Amy said...

Hey! You've been book tagged, go to my blog for rules!

Colorado Smarts said...

Fun to learn more about you and now I know someone who knows how to play After the Manner of the Adverb. Thanks for tagging me...I finally did it!

Chantelle and Fam said...

We enjoyed your 6 things. It brought back good memories.