
This year we signed McKay up for swimming lessons at the high school about 1/2 mile from our home. I didn't know about them until they had already started so he missed the first two days of the first 8 day session. I watched him improve each day so we signed him up for another session even though he would miss the last 3 days for our vacation. It was well worth the extra 5 lessons though because his confidence and skills improved immensely. And he
loved swimming lessons!

The first 'challenge' I gave him was to go under the water with the other kids in the shallow end when they did ring-around-the
rosies and motor boat. He said he would and he did! I told him I would be watching and that if he looked at me afterward I would give him a thumbs up. My friend took this picture on her phone. I was pretty proud of him!
The goggles helped him a lot since he really doesn't like getting water in his eyes. It has made Jordan and I want goggles too. They look fun...

Maxwell was my little buddy watching McKay each week. The parents watch from outside the fence until the last day of the lessons and there is no shade or place to sit. SO each week I brought my huge umbrella and a chair along with my bag of 'tricks' to keep Maxwell entertained. The two days Jordan was able to come he wondered how I did it all by myself every day. I let McKay carry his own towel. :)

A couple of days I even brought Max his own chair. He loved it.

Along with eating his snacks Max entertained himself by copying sounds the other kids were making, such as coughing.
I love his little crossed ankles. :)

The last day of lessons they let the parents come over next to the pool to get better pictures, etc. I wanted a progress report after his second session so I told them we would be leaving early and they let me be over next to the pool for his last lesson. Jordan was able to get off work early that day so he sat outside with Maxwell so I was able to take pictures and video of the whole thing. His teacher was kind enough to say 'now it's McKay's turn' giving me enough time to get the video camera started.

Wake up!

McKay on his last day of swimming lessons... freezing while I take his picture. :)
I took video his second to last day when there were only 3 instead of 5 children in his class. They got to do a lot of extra things. It was great.
Next year maybe we'll get to do at least one complete session!
3 comments:
That is SO CUTE!!! I love his goggles! And the Thumbs up! Way to go McKay! I'm glad he likes to swim, he'll probably love it even more when he's older. :)
Oh btw....who was that instructor!?! ;) haha jk I just had to say it :)
Chantelle
We have the best swim teacher known to mankind in Cache Valley - and she insists on them wearing goggles. She says they can't learn to swim the proper way without them. I tried wearing them this summer - and decided that she's right. Besides them being necessary...they are CUTE (on the little peoples faces that is). :)
Yay for swimming lessons! So glad he likes the water and got braver and braver! Hayden loved watching the video over and over again! Glad the goggles worked so well, the little kids I taught this summer also needed them in order to put their faces in the water.
Post a Comment