Saturday, August 20, 2011

Things To Remember - McKay

Taking a break from getting dressed to read some books to Maxwell. What a good brother!

McKay loves to play with the Toy Story figures he got on his birthday cake. He has to play with them up high or when Max is asleep though because otherwise Max bites their heads off... :) Notice his Buzz pjs.

McKay and Jordan made 'woofems' at our ward pioneer day party. You roast/bake biscuits over the fire and then fill them with pudding, or whipped cream, or butter and honey or whatever you desire. They are called woofems because you woof em down. Must be a California thing...

McKay enjoyed his!

The boys were watching living scriptures together. Max is a cuddler!

8-1-11
While driving from Snowflake to Preston in one day Jordan told McKay to 'hold your horses'.
M: What horses?
J: Those over there (pointing out the window to some horses we happened to be passing at the moment in Helper, Utah)
M: But I can't by myself, I need you to help me!

Also on the same long drive:
Jordan: Zip your lip!
McKay: But I don't want to zip my lip. If I do my mouth won't work!

7-28-11
"After I jump on the bounce-o-lin I will."

During the drive to Show Low from Snowflake for the reunion McKay said to Maxwell, who was fussing: "Maxwell, its not a long way, you can wait a little bit!"

While camping at the McCleve reunion in Arizona, Jordan accidentally left the bag with our flashlights in it at my parents house. As we fumbled in the dark, McKay made a point of 'Daddy forgot the flashlights.'

Jordan and McKay were sleeping on the same air mattress in the tent and after a minute or two McKay said 'Daddy, why do you keep moving if it is time to sleep?'

7-13-11
I love hearing McKay sing songs and read books to himself during quiet time.

7-10-11
It took me a minute to realize what McKay was talking about when he said he had a 'big bigger in his nose'. (booger) Jordan was also confused when McKay called them 'snickers' another time.

7-3-11
Yesterday I was trying to get McKay to finish the chicken in his lunch after we went running and told him protein is very important to eat after you exercise. We started listing different foods that have protein in them and he said fish. Yes, fish has a lot of protein and is also good for your brain. Well today we had some salmon and McKay said 'fish helps keep your brain in your head'.

7-2-11
Overheard at the park:
Boy to McKay: What is your name?
McKay: Crazy Buzz Woody Moser
Boy: Oh. My name is Cameron.

6-27-11
Max was waving his arm at a fruit fly in the kitchen and McKay said 'Max better shoot it!"

6-24-11
"Look Mommy, I'm pulling on my earlids". (earlobes)

6-23-11
We were listening to 'McKay's music' in the van on our way home and the last song before we got out was 'It's raining it's pouring'. I was teasing McKay and saying that he was the old man. Of course he protested and said that Daddy is the old man!

6-15-11
I got some smarties as a handout from church and McKay was sure they were for him. He couldn't quite get the name right though. First he called them 'sweetie pies' then after I corrected him he called them 'smarty pants'. He couldn't seem to drop the 'pant's from the name!

6-5-11
After congratulating McKay for being quiet when we were looking for him (playing hide-and-seek) he said he was talking to himself while he waited. I asked him what he said and he said he said 'OOoo I hidded in a tricky spot!'

No comments: