Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Things to Remember

McKay is making pizza for me at the park.

11-30-10
I suggested something McKay could make for Nanna and Papa for Christmas. He didn't want to make it so he said 'I don't think Nanna Papa will like it. I think they will send it back to me.'

McKay was sending an e-mail to Grandma and Grandpa Moser and wanted to sign his name. So he found the letters to his name on the keyboard and typed his name. Then he put both hands on the keyboard, and moved his fingers quickly hitting several keys and said 'nana papa moser'. He was typing like he sees Jordan and I do. Made me smile.

McKay recognizes when I type his or Max's names.

McKay's word is 'wop'. It seems to be a combination of 'well' and 'but'. For example, he'll say 'wop, I want to go to the park, not the store!'

All stores are the grocery store to McKay, no matter what they sell.

11-29-10
McKay was using markers to color some ornaments for his little tree when I went to lay Max down. When I came back out, he was practicing writing his name. I was very impressed with his M's and his C's are pretty good, just upside down and backwards.

Anytime we drive past the schools McKay asks if he can get on a school bus and go to school. He especially wants to go when he sees the kids outside for recess. I told him he isn't big enough yet but when he gets bigger he can go to school (sniff sniff). Then he started asking if he can go to work, like Daddy. I told him he has to get bigger and go to school and then get bigger and then he can go to work. So now he says he is growing every day, just like baby Max, and he will go to school and then he will go to work.

11-21-10
Tonight for Family Home Evening, McKay was going around to each person and asking what song they picked to sing. He picked Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, I picked a song for Max and for me and McKay turned to Jordan and asked him what song he picked. Jordan sat for a minute thinking and McKay said 'Daddy, what song do you pick? Spit it out.' Jordan and I looked at each other and started laughing.

I was sitting on the floor with McKay and Max and I hugged them both and said 'I love my boys!' A few minutes later McKay gave me a hug and said 'I love my boys!' Jordan helped him by saying 'I love my boys and my Mommy." It was awfully sweet though.

Max was upset (wanting Mommy who was busy sweeping the kitchen floor) and Jordan was trying to comfort him. McKay starting talking to him and Max was instantly captivated and happy.

11-20-10
I took advantage of a Saturday evening when Jordan was home with the boys to finish up our Christmas shopping, particularly things I didn't want McKay around for. As I was pulling out of the garage to go, McKay opened the door and said 'good bye mommy, I love you, you're the best!" and as I pulled back in he opened the door for me and said "I'm glad you're home Mommy!"

As we shared an apple at the table, McKay said to me "I had fun playing with you today Mommy!"

11-18-10
Each morning this week when McKay wakes up in time to see Jordan before work he asks "Is tomorrow Saturday? But I don't want you to go to work. I'll miss you." Saturday is a special day... it's the day Daddy doesn't have to go to work and we do something all together.

11-13-10
At the end of a Saturday where Jordan & I got some inside & outside projects done McKay's bedtime prayer included that we had 'lots of work to do'. Just another reminder that they are aware of more than you think they are!

McKay told me his 'pee pee is begging to come out' as he headed to the bathroom.

I love McKay's excited little boy giggle when he gets to 'play' starfall.com. He has discovered all the site has to offer... and he loves it.

11-8-10
Jordan woke up from an nap and McKay greeted him with 'Good Morning my dear!'

11-3-10
When we offer something to McKay that he doesn't want he'll say, 'no thanks. thank you though!"

We were at the park today and a little girl from our ward wanted some of our apples. I gave her one and then her mother said they would have some when they got home. McKay decided to share the rest of the bag with her.

No comments: