Sunday, May 16, 2010

Playing the WAITING Game

Yes, we are still waiting for our little guy to decide to come. Sometimes we feel more patient than others but all three of us have asked the baby to 'com'on out!' several times. We weren't planning on having another Saturday so we took advantage of the day by getting a few more things crossed off our list. Then we went to the park for a picnic and to play. After browsing through a few stores we got some frozen yogurt at Golden Spoon. Yum! It was a nice day being 'all together', as McKay says.

We had our afternoon quiet time and then Jordan and I walked 3 miles. Yesterday we walked about 2 miles and just HAD to try out our new double jogger stroller that arrived. McKay is anxious for the baby to be able to sit next to him. On Friday McKay fell asleep during our walk. Then on Saturday, he asked Jordan to adjust his hat so he could sleep like he had the day before. Made us laugh. Definitely my boy - he stayed awake until HE was ready to sleep and then he was O.U.T.!

Oh so comfortable! Now if we could JUST get his little brother to come!

The funniest thing happened while we were at the park. We were playing on the playground when a little boy who was probably about 4 years old came up to me and asked what was in my shirt.
I said 'what?' not understanding him.
Boy: 'I know it's a ball. Look I'll show you.' At this point he grabbed the bottom of my shirt and started to lift it up. I took my shirt and said 'No, it's just my tummy, I have a baby in my tummy.'
He said 'No it's a ball, I know it.' I lifted my shirt just a little so he could see my tummy and said, 'No, it's just my tummy.'
He was satisfied for a minute and then said he wanted to see again. I told him no, he could just believe me that it was my tummy. We never saw anyone who looked like they belonged to this boy but Jordan and I got a good laugh out of this experience. Too funny!

5 comments:

Hannah Stevenson said...

Oh Maria!
You are a trooper! I know this probably doesn't help but...hang in there!

We have been praying for you all week...we'll keep praying.

Love you!

Brooke said...

That's funny about the little boy thinking you had a ball in your shirt. :) Good luck with everything!

Nicky said...

If I were that boys mom, I would have kept myself a secret too! Kids will be kids...especially when their boys.
I keep waiting for that phone call, hoping I haven't missed it. Good luck guys!...I can't wait!!!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

What's really sad is when a kid asks you what's up your shirt when you're NOT PREGNANT. I'm not saying that it has happened to me......

We're all playing the waiting game with you. So com'on out little guy!

And Jordan...it's a great workout running a few miles with hills while pushing the jogging stroller. Good times.

Mandy said...

Great taste, Maria!! Can you believe we have the exact same double jogging stroller?? Did you get it on amazon?