Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Things to Remember

I copied this idea from my cousin Ashley's blog. I've been recording funny things McKay does in the sidebar and then I'll post them once a month or so.

9-30-08
Another trick learned from Daddy: after Jordan or I finish taking a drink, McKay says 'aaahhh' for us!

We know McKay is enjoying what he is eating when he says 'UM um'. He did this quite a bit last night when we had tacos, especially as he ate tomatoes - that's my boy!

9-28-08
McKay enjoys drinking from a cup. His favorite part about it is cleaning up when he spills. Some punishment!

9-27-08
McKay recently discovered his pockets and likes to walk around with his hands in his pockets.

McKay has become quite the little tease. He will offer something to us and as we reach for it, he pulls it away and laughs.

9-23-08
Tonight after McKay's bath, we were just relaxing in the living room with the door open, letting the cool air come in. McKay loves to close the door. Jordan really wanted it open and decided to tease McKay a little by not letting him close the door. It became a game, me cheering McKay on to push harder and Jordan providing the resistance. McKay started hamming it up by grunting like he was pushing with all his might. Then we started having McKay give us 'five', first Jordan then me, back and forth. We're so easily amused!

9-17-08
We have an external monitor for our laptop and McKay has figured out how to get my undivided attention immediately - turn off the monitor by flipping off the power strip!

When McKay (14 mo) swings, he makes sure that I keep the swing next to him moving too. He signs 'more' and points to the other swing. I always get quizzical looks from other moms at the park but oh well. :) He also likes to wave at his shadow as he swings.

McKay does not like it when his hands are dirty. During meals he is constantly shaking his hands over the side of his chair to get whatever is stuck to him off or holding the dirty finger out for us to clean. He has gotten really good at dusting off his hands at the park.

McKay's Current 'Sign' Vocabulary
Help, More, Want, All Done, Drink, Eat, Book, Fish, Bath

He points to airplanes he sees in the sky and 'barks' like a dog every time he sees or hears a dog. He moos with his mouth closed and tries to baaaa like a sheep. He likes to give us 'five'.

McKay seems to understand most of what we say and heads for the door when I say 'lets go!' He LOVES to bring me my shoes!

9-10-08
If I happen to leave a cupboard or drawer open when I am putting dishes away while McKay (13 1/2 mo) is eating, the meal must stop until the cupboard is closed!

McKay loves chapstick. Wonder where he gets that? Anyway, Jordan has taught him to smack his lips together after he gets chapstick put on his lips. He can spot chapstick in places I didn't think he could see! I hardly get any on (or near) his lips before he starts smacking them together.

9-3-08
McKay still loves to read books - but he has a REALLY hard time sitting still. He switches which side of me he is sitting on, he'll sit on the arm of the rocking chair, then switch to sitting on my knees facing me, back to the arm, etc. I've learned to just try to accommodate him and keep reading as he moves around!

8-25-08
We were getting McKay ready for bed and Jordan asked him for a kiss. McKay leaned over so Jordan could KISS HIM. Then he leaned over so I could kiss him. Back and forth 'giving' us kisses.

Earlier he and Jordan were 'wrestling' on the floor. McKay was climbing over Jordan as fast as he could, back and forth, over and over again for 20+ minutes. His feet barely hit the floor on one side before he was working on getting over to the other side. The best were his grunts, mimicking Jordan's grunts as he climbed over.

3 comments:

Becky said...

So sweet! He's a character. ;)
Sorry about the tomatoes...

France said...

Those were fun to read. I keep a file on my computer for the kids were I record things like that and then print it off ever so often and add to their baby books. It is fun to go back and read - they change so fast. Hopefullly they will enjoy reading it when they get older. Keep up the good work! Lashelle

Liberti said...

Isn't this a fun stage! How smart they are! - What did we do for entertainment befor them??