Saturday, October 25, 2008
Haircut
Last night I cut McKay's hair. I have never cut a toddler's hair before. I've cut Jordan's hair a few times, but his is mostly clippers. I've cut my brothers' hair before, but that was at least 10 years ago. I trimmed McKay's hair around his ears just before I got his 9 mo pictures taken and then my mom cut his hair just after his first birthday. I wouldn't let her cut much off of the back though... I love his curls so much, I couldn't stand for them to be cut off yet! Well, most of the time his hair was pretty curly so you couldn't tell it was getting long except on Sunday. The collar on his Sunday shirt hit his hair just right and would make his hair look long and straight. So, we decided it was time to cut his hair. We moved the TV and positioned his chair in the doorway of the kitchen so he could watch a Baby Einstein (which he LOVES). He was really good and by the time the show was over (20 minutes or so), his hair was cut! It definitely isn't perfect but give it a week or two and it will be. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
Wow! Good job! I can only cut with clippers and I still have an accident every now and then... oops! Sorry Jason.
Impressive! It must have just about killed you to cut those curls. You've got serious skills!
I didn't realize he had curles - ADORABLE!! I cried for a week when we cut Jarins curls the first time. I was sure they would never come back - but SURPRISE - they just came back cuter! McKays adorable with or without curls. =)
Nice job with the haircut. I actually just cute Logan's today and all of his curls as well. It needed a trim badly, but he got more of a haircut because I had to do it quickly.
I cannot believe that he will eat that spaghetti pie with the onions and chili powder in it. Lindsay won't even touch something like that.
Looks like you've had some fun adventures!
What a handsome kid! I didn't realize he was blessed with such great hair - how lucky! You did a great job
What a cutie - you did a great job! Just think how much money you are saving by doing it yourself:)
Thanks also for the comment on my post - it means a lot to know that some of my advice can benefit others.
What a handsome little guy! You're right--they do look older with a fresh haircut...but, still cute as ever! Now if only your girls have those cute curls... :)
It makes him look so much older! It always makes me so sad to cut off the cute baby curls. I just wish we could make time slow down a little! I love what you said about making the little guys look older and the older guys look younger. I've never thought of that, but so true. kelli
I have never had a kid sit still for a haircut. Kardon usually does better than Kenton, but I have 5 minutes if I'm lucky! You did a great job!
Post a Comment