Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Things to Remember

11-23-09
Since we visited A. Mary in September, McKay always wants me to open a banana the way Mary showed him: holding the stem and using your wrist to flip it open.

McKay likes to drink the leftover milk from my cold cereal in the morning. :)

Lately, McKay has insisted on holding either my or Jordan's hand while we eat.

Unless it is a song he has asked me to sing, McKay always says 'no Mama no' when I hum, whistle, or sing. Kind of interesting when you consider how much he enjoys listening to music.

11-20-09
McKay & I stopped at the dollar store on our way home from the library and I bought a roll of Christmas wrapping paper. McKay got excited when he saw the bin of paper & grabbed one and swung it around like a golf club. Woosh! The clerk was getting nervous at his swinging (not as nervous as me... I'd be buying stuff!) so I told him to wait till we got home. We got home and he wooshed a little more and then began to 'clean' the kitchen floor. His golf club transformed into a broom! *Update* He now uses the wrapping paper to 'hit' bottle rings around the kitchen. I haven't had the heart to open the wrapping paper yet!

11-14-09
I often hear McKay quoting books. Usually when he is obviously saying something specific that I don't recognize, I'll realize what he was saying the next time we read books.

11-10-09
Every time we drive past the golf course (or something that looks like a golf course to McKay), he says 'woosh!' We went to the driving range one evening and Jordan taught him that 'woosh' is the sound the club makes when you swing. Every time we drive past the course we went to (and we didn't even golf!), which is right by the grocery store, McKay says 'woosh'!

11-5-09
Last night I told McKay that today he had preschool. First thing he said this morning was 'ool'? He was so excited to go and kept asking all morning if it was time to go. Good thing it starts at 9 am!

11-3-09
McKay likes to say 'Mama best, Dada best, Me best'. If he mixes up the order, he does it again. Jordan kept trying to get him to say 'Dada best' and McKay, being the tease he is would say 'Mama best'. Then it evolved to him saying both of us were 'best' and I told him he is best too. Now all three of us are best!

He also likes to say 'Mama crazy, Dada crazy, Me crazy'.

11-1-09
When McKay is tired, he LOVES to exaggerate his yawn, which of course, makes us yawn too.

Any time McKay's body makes a sound (passing gas, burping, stomach growling, sneezing) he thumps his chest twice. Anytime my stomach growls, he thumps my chest twice. He gets this from Jordan who thumps his chest twice after a burp.

Jordan took McKay with him to the store and over and over McKay kept saying the same thing until Jordan figured it out and acknowledged it. He kept saying 'Mama crazy'.

2 comments:

Chapples said...

How cute! "mama best, dada best" And so creative thinking up different things the wrapping paper could be! Smart!

Chantelle and Fam said...

Hehe! Wow aren't kids just the best!?!...well nephews and nieces for me... :)
Chantelle