Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yum Yum

McKay loved the lasagna I made a few days ago with whole wheat lasagna noodles. I never noticed whole wheat noodles in the store before; I probably never looked. I liked them much better than regular noodles. I was gone to mutual but Jordan said McKay just kept eating and eating! Goodbye enriched white lasagna noodles!

8 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

It's funny, how once you develop a taste for whole wheat, you just can't go back to the other. And it's so great that McKay is learning to love it so young.

Michelle said...

What brand are they, do you remember? We've tried a couple of different brands of ww or multigrain pasta, and they all seem to taste grainy. I must not be trying the right kind!
I can't believe how grown up McKay looks now! He's adorable.

Maria said...

Michelle,
The noodles I got were Ronzoni Healthy Harvest. Hope your grocery store has them!

Nicky said...

I'm with ya. When we started this whole "loser" thing, I bawked (is that a word?) at the thought of ww pasta. But so far, there has only been one pasta dish that we didn't like them in very well. They are great - expensive - but great!

Devin and Melinda said...

My kids love them too! I am glad they are so easy to fix!

I haven't typed up the "list" of things that Kindsey says and does yet. Since she uses 3,4 and 5 word sentences, it is impossible to record everything she says, but it'll be better than nothing I guess. Have a great day!!

France said...

We love the whole wheat pasta too. I too wish they weren't so expensive, but I feel it is worth it. I also love the spinach fettuchini (sp) noodles. Not sure how much better they are for you, but it makes me feel good eating something green. :-) Lashelle

summerk said...

He's so cute, Maria. We love the whole wheat pasta, too!

I love the posts down below... laundry helper and daddy's boy... he's looks like he's just such a good boy!!

Mandy said...

Awesome. I love whole grain pasta. Tapa & Ari like whole wheat rotini with lots of Four Cheese-flavored tomato sauce. I add a bunch of parmesan cheese while it's still hot and mix the rotini, tomato sauce & cheese altogether. It's yummy.

Thanks for the lasagna idea--I've never thought of using whole wheat for that too!