Sunday, March 1, 2009

Things to Remember

2-26-09
Yesterday McKay & I played hide-and-seek. He is getting faster and faster and I really have to hustle and be sneaky to hide. I was hiding in the livingroom 'behind' the speakers and could watch him looking for me. I am flattered at some of the places he thinks I could fit! One example is under the cushion on the rocking chair. He spotted me pretty quick after that one... I was laughing so hard!

It started with hide and seek and has evolved to anytime we need someone's attention or are looking for someone. Jordan & I whistle (yoo hoo) and McKay says 'woohoo' in the same pitch. He knows that whistle is for him and he does it when he is looking for me in the house.

This morning I got McKay up and started to dress him. I put his BYU onesie on. He got super excited (insert excited sound) and wouldn't let me cover it with his long sleeved shirt.

2-18-09
I was looking for the lid to a pan and said so out loud. McKay got a plastic lid out of the lid drawer and brought to me. He found a lid for me!

The faucet in our kitchen has been dripping a lot lately. One morning it was dripping into a cup or something and making the drip... drip sound. McKay started to mimic that sound with his tongue. I had a hard time distinguishing between him and the real thing!

McKay puts his lips together and sort of hums to 'whistle' the Andy Griffith Show theme with us. He dances to the music too. We no longer skip the intro!

McKay has this idea that he needs help up every time he falls. One evening he tripped on his way into the kitchen and wanted me to help him up. I was washing the dishes and told him I couldn't help him right now, he'd have to just get up on his own. So he got up and went in to where Jordan was in the bedroom, got down on the floor and put his hand up for Jordan to help him get up. This kid keeps us laughing!

Today when we were walking out to the car, McKay ran the opposite direction with the keys. He wouldn't come when I called him so I went and picked him up. He immediately put his head on my shoulder and rubbed my back. I am a bit embarrassed to say he didn't get into too much trouble. :)

McKay likes to make sure the TV is always on unless there is music on. Today after his nap, he turned the TV on and found the Spanish version of CMT. Of course he had to move with the music! He laughed with me when I laughed at what we were listening to.

2-6-09
McKay knows he is not supposed to play with the remotes but he loves to so when he sees them within his reach (or close enough to make it his reach) he takes advantage of the situation. This afternoon he had the tv remote and looked at me with a very guilty look. I asked him for it and he buried his face in the ottoman. I told him I could still see him, please hand me the remote. Keeping his face hidden, he lifted his arm with the remote for me to take it. It was all I could do to not laugh.

Tonight McKay came into the kitchen with my empty water bottle saying 'big mess'. Sure enough he had spilled the last few drops of my water on the desk. He was happy to use a napkin to clean it up.

2-2-09
In church yesterday Jordan was trying to get my attention to get some of McKay's goldfish (ahem...) and he kept tapping my arm. McKay noticed and started doing the same thing. We laughed and thought nothing more of it. Well, now he has realized that it is a way to get our attention so this morning he kept hitting me with the bag of raisins, chips, crackers etc he wanted to eat. I loved it when he did it to Jordan for dinner. His arm was convenient so when McKay needed more milk or something he tapped, tapped, tapped on Jordan's arm. Serves him right for teaching it to him!

2-1-09
This morning before church we were listening to the primary songs. McKay recognized 'I Am a Child of God' and we listened to it a dozen times, at his request. McKay was 'singing' with the music and Jordan and I loved listening to him. Super sweet.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a cute, smart boy! You did a great job writing this up. It's so fun to see them learn new things! You are such a fun mom too.