Lucky for them, they came during another storm! So, we went to San Francisco the day there was the least chance of rain and it was a beautiful day. We didn't even wear jackets part of the day, and that is saying something for San Francisco. We started out at the huge farmers market they have every Saturday morning. Lots to see, smell, hear (street musicians) and taste. The atmosphere was quite enjoyable.
I think I enjoy Pier 39 more each time we visit. McKay loved watching the sea lions, who were very entertaining this time. They were barking and making a lot of noise. McKay was pretty good at mimicking their barks. Of course I was too slow to catch him on video doing it. :( When we were home looking at the pictures on the computer, one of the sea lions came up he started barking again. The tulips & daffodils were so beautiful!We parked the car in cheap parking (only $8 for the day!) by the farmers market and bought bus tickets for the day, which also worked on the street cars. After we got our chocolate fix, we found the bus that took us to Chinatown. Ever since we moved here we've been hearing from Jordan's parents about this wonderful restaurant in San Francisco called Cathay's House. We were all tired from walking up and down those streets and ready to eat. Unfortunately, all of us were disappointed; the food wasn't as good as remembered. So, we are still in search of a good chinese restaurant. I think it is safe to say we ALL slept well that night!
Monday, we went to Big Basin. Gotta see the old-growth redwoods! Those trees are amazing! McKay and I stayed in the car since it was a cold and rainy day... believe me, I had to fight to get to stay in with him! :) He enjoyed going from one door to the other in the back seat, trying out the locks and rolling down the window.We really enjoyed having visitors again. Our calendars are free again... no more scheduled visits. Yes, that is an invitation!




9 comments:
Oh I can just see it now...dad in the farmers market, wandering from one booth to the next...and making friends with every sales person along the way. And I can just hear him trying to explain the mystery spot - and making no sense at all! Looks like you got lots of pictures to send my way for the next years book!
Looks like you had lots of fun. Sorry McKay was sick. Hope he's doing better.
I need to learn how to do the multiple pictures in one box, I had to do 3 posts to get all the pictures on and I still would have liked to show more.Funny how many of the same pics we chose
jordan looks skinny.
How fun! You got some great pictures. Having visitors is the best. I hope we still get some after our big move!
Aahh Maria, I don't think "lol" counts as a comment. j/k I was laughing so hard when I realized what you had done. You are so cute and fun! Remember, I said you wouldn't have to leave me a comment on every post because you didn't know Chuck Norris was so powerful (blasphemy). But I'm not going to tell you to stop, even though I should, because I like comments too much. :)
Now for the actual comment:
What beautiful tulips! Thanks to your trip to G. Square, I am now craving chocolate. You have to let me borrow McKay when I go there. kthankxbye.
Visitors are so fun!
You got the Kreativ Award! Go to my blog to check it out.
Wow!! Lots of fun going on over at your house! McKay is waaaaay too cute!!! And he sounds like he's just such a good little guy!
I'm glad you're doing well! I had fun catching up on your blog... and I have got to try out that mystery spot sometime. It's so interesting!
What fun spots to take visitors to!! I've never seen a redwood in person--they're HUGE. It would be so fun if we could make it out to SF some day soon . . . I don't think Tapa's even been to CA! Glad to see that you are enjoying life there!
Post a Comment