Monday, December 1, 2008
Things to Remember
11-24-08
McKay likes to go behind the table and mess with the outlet that is three feet off the floor. So I arranged the table and chairs so he couldn't get back there & plugged in my wall flower. He got up from his nap, moved his high chair and the chair and got back there! I guess that 'trick' won't work anymore.
11-19-08
Today McKay and I met Jordan for lunch. We were talking and I said 'really' in a surprised tone and McKay copied me almost exactly from the back seat (only he didn't say 'really'... just the same tone & pitch as I did).
McKay's current sign vocabulary: way too many to name!
This morning, McKay was getting very frustrated because he didn't have my full attention. I finally finished what I was doing and took him to the rocking chair and held him close while we rocked. Every now and again he'd lift his head up, grin at me, turn his cheek for a kiss and lay his head back down. After 5 minutes or so, he was happy again. He's such a sweet boy.
11-16-08
When I ask McKay if he wants to read a book or go outside his response is usually 'ya ya ya ya' with his head bobbing up and down.
When we say 'come on' to McKay he starts waving both his arms in the 'come on' motion.
I think more people in our ward know McKay's name than ours.
McKay pinches his knees together when I am trying to fasten a clean diaper on him or snap up his onesie. The grin on his face tells me he knows EXACTLY what he is doing.
11-13-08
Today McKay and I were outside enjoying the 75 degree weather. We like to sit on our front porch step together. Well today, McKay kept coming over to me holding out his hand for me to hold and as soon as I would grab it and stand up, he'd laugh and point back at the step for me to sit back down. This happened several times; it was pretty funny.
11-6-08
Whenever McKay hears water running in the bathroom he starts asking/signing for a bath. He gets so excited for bath time!
McKay can point to his head, hair, ears, eyes, mouth/tongue, fingers, toes, and bellybutton. I'm sure I missed something...
McKay is very friendly and waves to everyone he sees walking or driving by. There are a lot of people in the grocery store!
McKay likes to go behind the table and mess with the outlet that is three feet off the floor. So I arranged the table and chairs so he couldn't get back there & plugged in my wall flower. He got up from his nap, moved his high chair and the chair and got back there! I guess that 'trick' won't work anymore.
11-19-08
Today McKay and I met Jordan for lunch. We were talking and I said 'really' in a surprised tone and McKay copied me almost exactly from the back seat (only he didn't say 'really'... just the same tone & pitch as I did).
McKay's current sign vocabulary: way too many to name!
This morning, McKay was getting very frustrated because he didn't have my full attention. I finally finished what I was doing and took him to the rocking chair and held him close while we rocked. Every now and again he'd lift his head up, grin at me, turn his cheek for a kiss and lay his head back down. After 5 minutes or so, he was happy again. He's such a sweet boy.
11-16-08
When I ask McKay if he wants to read a book or go outside his response is usually 'ya ya ya ya' with his head bobbing up and down.
When we say 'come on' to McKay he starts waving both his arms in the 'come on' motion.
I think more people in our ward know McKay's name than ours.
McKay pinches his knees together when I am trying to fasten a clean diaper on him or snap up his onesie. The grin on his face tells me he knows EXACTLY what he is doing.
11-13-08
Today McKay and I were outside enjoying the 75 degree weather. We like to sit on our front porch step together. Well today, McKay kept coming over to me holding out his hand for me to hold and as soon as I would grab it and stand up, he'd laugh and point back at the step for me to sit back down. This happened several times; it was pretty funny.
11-6-08
Whenever McKay hears water running in the bathroom he starts asking/signing for a bath. He gets so excited for bath time!
McKay can point to his head, hair, ears, eyes, mouth/tongue, fingers, toes, and bellybutton. I'm sure I missed something...
McKay is very friendly and waves to everyone he sees walking or driving by. There are a lot of people in the grocery store!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment